Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sensitive Mean People


While their hatred may be concealed by trickery, their wrongdoing will be exposed in public. ~ Proverbs 26:26

It becomes frustrating when grown people will not act like adults AND when people constantly treat others in a demeaning and negative fashion, but are the most sensitive when those same actions are reciprocated. How do you play victim to those things that you have been on the offending end of!?  Recently, on my personal Facebook page I posted the following status:

“The worst thing that you can do to me is throw back into my face what you have done for me or hold over my head what I need you to do for me. All it does is express piss poor character. It DOES NOT stop me from progressing toward taking care of business. This is one reason why I dislike asking people for anything. #OhWell Next...pressing play on my playlist. :-)”

I had a long day and having someone throw into my face on THAT day what I needed, upset me and truly pissed me off.  I addressed the issue with that person via phone call and flew to my status to express as is asked “What’s on your mind?”  I can’t monitor every single moment of the day what an individual has to say about me.  If I am doing well or if I am doing poorly, someone will have something to say.  I will NOT, however, be responsible because someone has this nerve racking notion that the status was or is about them.  It only proves that those individuals ran out into traffic and were hit by a vehicle. *roof roof*
My discovery and learning experience in dealing with these types of people is that that they are mean spirited, but the most sensitive individuals that you will ever meet.  Sometimes it makes me feel bad and hardens my heart because these same folks have no idea of how their personality is reflected towards the people that love them and in public with complete strangers.  Here is what I do not like: 
 The 5 Acts
1.      When people make the assumption that my status is about them and fail to pick up a telephone to call me and inquire.
2.      When people take to their status in reply to my status, therefore, talking to me and about me in 3rd person.  I don’t do 3rd person talking about me.  You may want to ask close friends that have fallen victim to me addressing this.
3.      When people try to play off that everything is kosher and cool between them and I, when in all actuality they really can’t stand me…at all! LMBO!
4.      When people get upset and extremely defensive about me sharing their “ugly” truth with them to their face and not behind their back as others have done.
5.      When people ATTEMPT to be cheeky with me by being nice/nasty.  Newsflash: I speak nice/nasty fluently. *smirking*

The aforementioned 5 Acts are almost as bad a lying to me.  I love unconditionally and sometimes people need a kick in the old keister with tough love.  What will never happen is stopping me from progressing in what needs to be taken care of.  I may have a small delay, but there is always a detour sign somewhere.  Hence another one of my recent status updates to Facebook:

“Sometimes the intentional negative actions of others can turn out to not only work in your favor, but end in a greater result than what was expected. God said he would turn the bad meant for you into good. In this instance it was an academic issue that He handled almost immediately. God is awesome and always got my back. #BlessedandFavored

Listen up and read people.  I am a Christian and very much candid in expressing all aspects of my life with no qualms about offending ‘mean spirited, sensitive people’.  I pray for them and love them just as He would. *batting eyes* If you find that you are guilty of being mean and vindictive to provoke harm, yet sensitive and against reaping that which you have sown, then read the following for wisdom, practice humility, put that hand mirror up to your face, pray, and drive away the very thing that contributes to your poor character:

Proverbs 26: 23-28
23 – Smooth* words may hide a wicked heart,
just as pretty clay covers a clay pot.
24 – People may cover their hatred with pleasant words,
but they’re deceiving you.
25 – They pretend to be kind, but don’t believe them.
Their hearts are full of many evils.*
26 – While their hatred may be concealed by trickery,
their wrongdoing will be exposed in public.
27 – If you set a trap for others,
You will get caught in it yourself.
If you roll a boulder down on others,
it will crush you.
28 – A lying tongue hates its victims,
and flattering words can ruin.

What of the 5 acts mentioned above have people committed towards you or you towards them?  Do share!

Deuces,

San

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! This is so true! I think that people are so miserable in their lives, sometimes they do things that are very mean and sometimes they don't expect you to respond. I have seen people that are spirituality mean, you just have to keep praying for them and keep it moving! Wonderful job San!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ebony for reading and your comment.

    ReplyDelete